Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Vision in White


So there we were again, Lily and I walking on the bike trail. The crickets chirping, birds singing and the sun hung perfectly in the sky. As we turned for home I saw a small image half a mile or so in front of us. As Lily continued to prance ahead we drew closer to the image. Moments turned to minutes and the figure became clear. There running towards me in a white cotton sun dress, was my three year old daughter. Her gait quickened as she saw us approaching. Once close enough she leaped into my arms.

Literally moments before the white blob became clear, I had been praying. I was asking God to guide the day. Asking Him to slow me down so that I could see His beauty all around. And pleading to feel His presence. The white cloaked toddler was like an angel sent to remind me that God loves me and hears me and runs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment