Sunday, July 10, 2011

"I never get tired of this"


This afternoon we took our kids to see Cars 2. My son, who is 11 years old was particularly invested in seeing the newest Pixar movie. He loves the shorts, the humor and the animation. Following the short feature, the film opened with the signature Pixar lamp. I overheard my son say: "I never get tired of this." His comment actually took my breath away. My preteen, almost 12 year old, approaching middle school son can't get enough of Pixar. My mind flashed back to when my Dad would take me and my brothers and sister to see the Superman movies (the original with Christopher Reeve) and the Indiana Jones movies, and the Karate Kid movies. I think we felt a similar sentiment: "We can't get enough of this." What a blessing that Pixar has made quality movies since my son was born - Nemo, Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Bugs Life, Up... and Cars just to name a few. Every June for the past eleven years has been marked by a Pixar movie.
I know that some day he will get tired of animated movies. He won't go anymore and then there will be a new genre of movie for his kids. But for now, I love that he loves to go to the movies with his Mom! And that I can hear him exclaim: "I never get tired of this."

No comments:

Post a Comment