Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Is Hope for real?

So, we have all heard a lot about hope lately. I got really caught up with the HOPE for our nation and HOPE coming with change this year. There was something disarming about the Obama Presidential Campaign. I really don't know anyone who isn't looking for hope.

About a week ago, I was feeling very discouraged. It seemed like everything I have had faith in economically was in flux. I felt like I couldn't make a difference and that things were set into motion a long time ago and no matter how fast I ran, I could not catch up.
In the midst of my crisis of conscience, I looked down at my kitchen table and saw a bookmark peeking out from one of my books. The word HOPE caught my eye. I grabbed the bookmark and read: "May the God of HOPE fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

I sat back in my kitchen chair, sighed, and felt peace that that was true HOPE. It was a vertical reminder that the horizontal remains in God's control.

Have a hopefilled week! Andrea

1 comment:

  1. "HOPE" has been "my word" for the past 10 years. After Amanda passed away, I lost interest in just about everything... I happened to be shopping with a girlfriend at the mall one day, and while in a gift shop, spotted a decorative piece... it was a "fake" rock with the word "HOPE" carved into it. I bought it. Feeling weird, like no one would understand, I brought it home, and without saying a word, showed it to Dave. He simply shook his head, with tears forming, he understood. Some time within that time frame, I also found a sterling silver ring, with the word HOPE all around the perimeter of it. I wear that ring just about 100% of the time. It reminds me where my true Hope lies, in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Heaven, and Eternity.

    ReplyDelete