Wednesday, April 1, 2009

God's Wisdom Ribbons!

It is so cool to read the Bible and have it make sense. God makes good sense when He says: "Guard my teachings as your most precious possessions. Tie them on your fingers as a reminder. Write them within your heart." Proverbs 7:2-3 I read this verse the other day and instantly got a mental picture of red ribbons attached to my fingers. Each one reminding me of God's wonderful truth. Each red ribbon connected to one of God's promises for me.

The message version says: "Do what I say and you'll live well. My teaching is as precious as your eyesight - guard it! Write it out on the back of your hands; etch it on the chambers of your heart." I read this verse after feeling overwhelmed by a situation. I had asked God for wisdom because on my own I just did not know what to do. I read the verses in Proverbs and I realized very clearly that God's word gives us wisdom, clarity and peace. It's when I try to figure it out myself that I get overwhelmed. With his words tied to my fingers, written on my hands and hidden in my heart, He will show me what to do. It's really not that mystical. If God is Love than his words will guide, protect and provide peace. I was sharing with a friend that I resort to writing things on my hands when I don't want to forget to do it. What if I wrote God's precious word on my hand - so when I begin to feel overwhelmed, I was instantly reminded of HIS truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment