Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lily Bear


Since Lily joined our home she has had many names. Lily Baby, Lily Bug and most recently Lily Bear. As I had shared in my last post, Lily has had her ears perked on our daily walks. Perry and I have noticed that in addition to her perked ears, her hair was standing up. She was intensely aware of something. But besides the chipmunks nothing has shown up.
When I my son was in preschool his favorite book was Eric Carl's picture book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I have changed the rhyme a bit to include a new character, Lily Bear.
"Lily Bear, Lily Bear what do you see... I see a brown bear looking at me."
Sure enough, our neighbor reported a brown bear siting in our front yard on Sunday morning. Our little Lily Bear sensed something a little more threatening than a chipmunk.

Good Dog, Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment