Monday, June 7, 2010

Puppy Sense


This morning we had a most unusual experience. After walking one mile, running one mile, we cooled back down to a walking pace and noticed a chipmunk on the path. Lily was acting very out of sync. Dodging to the right and then the left. I could see one chipmunk about 12 feet in front of us on the path. Then another chipmunk emerged from the hedges. As we approached the chipmunks didn’t move and instead were joined by 2 more friends. Lily and I approached both of us staring the chipmunks in the eyes. I got to within 3 feet of the chipmunks, expecting them to scamper off. They didn’t. Lily assumed her boxing pose, lunging back and forth feigning an attack. Lily was ready to take them on. I was not! Instead. Rather than experience 4 rabid chipmunks with furry vengeance, I turned us around and headed home. All four chipmunks sat on the path ruling the roost for the moment.... until a more brave walker came along. Strange!

1 comment: