Friday, April 22, 2011

39 to 39: Holy Irony


So I'm taking this class on vulnerability and I'm trying to demonstrate authentic living by sharing the "real" or the "raw" in my life. I feel like a few years back I was really "raw" and able to stay in the uncomfortable in between for longer periods of time than I can now.

Yesterday while I was walking my dog, I was thinking about my Easter expectations. So far things were not going as planned. My big outdoor youth service had been moved inside for snow - It was April 20th and we had snow. Crazy! After another late night with my 4 year old it had become clear that I wasn't going to make it to our annual Seder Supper. The re-enactment of the Last Supper was something I enjoyed each Easter Season.

So, there I was, walking my dog, clearing my head so that I could resume the "cuddle" position with my daughter for the 10th consecutive hour.... and it dawned on me. While I was out walking the dog, the kids had put in a movie to watch, Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix. In leu of attending the Seder Supper we were watching a movie about sorcery. It doesn't get any more genuinely ironic than that. While my church family remembered the ultimate provision of God, His Son Jesus... I watched a Harry Potter movie with my kids. And that's the TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment