Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Say NO to Gardening


I recently read an article in Good Housekeeping about ... "taking time to have fun." I highly recommend checking out Gretchan's thoughts at: goodhousekeeping.com/gretchan. One particular quote caught me: "Just because something is fun for other people doesn't mean that its fun for you - and vice versa." Sometimes it is easier for me to identify what I don't like rather than what I like. For instance, I don't like to garden. It is liberating to write that down. I don't like putting away laundry. I don't like listening to messages and returning phone calls. My husband Perry challenged me to re-work my perspective on life. He suggested that I "move toward" rather than "move away from." So in an effort to move toward making time for fun. I like to read magazines. I like to walk the dog. I like to journal, blog and write. I like to laugh. I like to watch fun movies. I like to hang out with my family. I like to pray.

1 comment: